Autism and Learning Disability Care
At SuperCarers, we believe that all clients deserve care that fosters happiness, dignity, and independence. We also understand how important this type of care is for the over 1 million people in the UK with a learning disability and 700,000 people with autism. These disorders exist on a spectrum and as such the needs of the each person is as diverse as the community itself.
Choice, freedom, and independence are an important part of any care plan so that people can live fulfilling and self-determined lives. With this in mind, our carers work to empower their clients in order to enhance their quality of life, develop independent life skills, and improve communication. Furthermore, we value our client’s right to the opportunity to reach their individual potential, whilst fostering a sense of inclusion in all aspects of their life.
What does learning disability care involve?
Carers endeavour to provide care that is tailored to the individual’s symptoms and needs and that any coexisting conditions, such as epilepsy, are always appropriately considered.
- We provide this holistic service by respecting the following principles:
- Advocate independence and encourage clients to do things themselves
- Tailor care plans to your loved one’s needs and regularly review them
- Adapt to daily and long-term changes in a client’s symptoms and abilities
- Communicate with a person’s circle of support to ensure appropriate care is provided
- Empower clients to reach their goals to give them a sense of achievement
- Support people to achieve good mental and physical health
Questions to ask
If you think your loved one may need learning disability care, you may want to ask some of the following questions:
- Does your child or loved one have a diagnosis of autism or another learning disability?
- Do they need additional support with daily activities or to reach their potential?
- What symptoms or specific needs does your loved one have?
- Are there any coexisting conditions that need to be included in the care plan?
- What type of care does your loved one need?
What is SuperCarers?
We help families find compassionate carers living in their local area. SuperCarers must pass our rigorous vetting and interview process. By connecting families with carers directly, families save money and carers earn a living wage.See How SuperCarers Works
Tell us what you need, then we will match you with a selection of the most suitable carers to choose from. You can then arrange a meet and greet or proceed straight to your first booking.Find your SuperCarer