We are committed to protecting the privacy of our Users.
By visiting our Website(supercarers.com) or accessing our Platform (app.supercarers.com), you are accepting and consenting to the practices explained in this policy.
1. Policy Updates
2. Information collected
2.1 Personal information
Personal Information is information that could reasonably be used to identify you individually.We may collect, store and/or use the following types of personal information:
Information that you give to us. This might be that which you provide via forms on; the Website, the Platform, or provide by e-mail, over the phone or other such means.
This includes information provided for the purpose of registering for or using our service, in searching our Website or Platform, in subscribing for our services (email notifications and/or newsletters) or for any other reason. This includes but is not limited to;
- Contact information: your name, email address and phone number
- Information about the Care needed: the type of Care, the address where the Care is required and the name of the Care Recipient.
Information relating to any transactions made through the platform, including but not limited to booking or providing the Care and corresponding financial and credit card and billing information.
Stripe notifies us whether your transaction Payment has been successful or not, and might communicate some details on issues, for example if a payment fails due to insufficient funds or other reasons.
Information provided on health and/or medical conditions, experience requirements, and personal preferences.
- In addition Care Givers may record information about Care provided, Care Seekers and Care Recipients in the course of their service delivery, which is connected to your account and other personal information provided. This information may be stored and made available to other Care Givers booked for the purposes of best serving you.
Ratings and reviews provided – about services provided through the platform, including about the Care Givers.
We may also receive and store information about you from third parties, involved in or connected to the Care, such as Social Services.
2.2 Personal information relating to Care Recipients
This might be where the Care Seeker and the person receiving the Care (the “Care Recipient”), is not the same person, and as such you might disclose personal information about them.
2.3 Additional personal information collected for Care Givers
If you are using the Website/Platform to apply or join as one of our registered Care Givers, we will collect and store further personal information, including but not limited to:
Information you supply to us during the application process and thereafter. Personal data such as:
- qualifications, professional skills and other experiences (CV), personal preferences (activities of daily living you enjoy or animal preferences), nationality, languages, results of background checks (see below) and any other personal data which you disclose to use for use in your profile.
- A photograph of your face, which we may take for you and display on your profile to Care Seekers. - Supplemental information about you from third parties, for example results of background checks carried out by Onfido including and not limited to; Enhanced DBS (criminal records check including spent convictions), identity and right to work checks. The results of these checks will be shared with us by Onfido. - Information obtained for the purposes of verifying your work history and reference checks or that information obtained by way of face to face interview.
Information might be provided directly from you or from a third party hiring platform or job board, which you uploaded a CV or where you have been referred to us to work through the platform including social media channels.
2.4 Other Information Collected – technical and technology information as it relates to your data:
- We may collect and store certain information automatically through technology each time you visit the Website or Platform. This is typically designed to help us learn and improve the way we serve you. Examples of this information include the following:
- information about how you interact with the Website/Platform - the computer or device used for access, the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, other connection information such as: browser type, version, location and language preferences, and your operating system
- information about your visit including: referral source, page visits, duration and navigation information, searches made, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
- We also may receive information about you from other third parties we work with - such as any websites or social media platforms (for example, Facebook), other advertising and analytics networks, and other channels who link Your Personal Data to our Website/Platform.
3. Using your Personal Information:
3.1 For All Users:
We and our representatives may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- carrying out our obligations under Our Terms & Conditions;
- authorising payments and/or a bill or receipt to or from you;
- administering and maintaining the account you hold with us;
- ensuring that Our Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
- providing you with information, products and/or services that you request from us, and other commercial communications;
- where you have consented and opted in to specific communications such as those for direct marketing purposes, information about other services or products which we feel may interest you;
- notifying you about a change to Our Service;
- requesting feedback on Services and to address and investigate service complaints that might arise or violation of any of our Terms, Policies or Standards; and
- to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis and internal reporting
We will not provide your information to any third parties for direct marketing purposes without your express consent.
3.2 For Care Seekers and Care Recipients - Additional Information:
We and our representatives may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- ensuring Care Givers can fulfil a booking;
- providing Care Givers with relevant details of the Care previously booked and the records of other Care Givers providing Care to the Care Recipient
- providing Care Givers with information stored on your account about: health and medical needs, experience requirements and other personal preferences including activities of daily living
- where you agree - to sharing your information with a third party Care services provider, such as a Care or nursing agency, for the purpose of meeting your requirements as a Care Seeker
3.3 For Care Givers - Additional Information:
Where you have applied to join or have been accepted as a registered Care Giver on the Website/Platform, you submit personal information to us and for publication on our Website/Platform and as such we may use your information in accordance with our Terms & Conditions.
We may use this personal information in the following ways:
- inviting you to apply or to complete your application;
- to contact you in respect of an application to join the Platform – such as arranging an interview, induction or any training;
- to assess your CV, qualifications and any other information provided to ascertain your suitability to join the platform;
- to complete the registration process, including to contact third parties to obtain references on you;
- to provide you with information regarding job opportunities with Care Seekers that may be of interest to you based on the information we have collected;
- to monitor your ongoing compliance and administer your account including: criminal records information shared with us by Onfido, ongoing updates provided by the DBS update service, and updates to training and other compliance information
- to provide your profile to Care Seekers to facilitate a booking, which is available on the internet.
4. Retention of personal data
The Platform allows Users who are Care Seekers to connect with Users who are Care Givers and provides tools to help facilitate this process. As such it is vital, we retain personal data on Users and from closed accounts for up to 10 years.
This is to assist with any investigations and to comply with our legal obligations and other obligations such as safeguarding Users, to the extent that it is permitted by Law.
5. Disclosure of your information:
You consent to us (and our representatives) disclosing your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply such other terms as apply to our relationship, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, ourselves or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and relating to safeguarding issues.
- if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Platform. Where we believe there is a safeguarding obligation this might include; Social Services, Adult Safeguarding Board of the relevant Local Authority, General Practitioner (GP), NHS clinicians or nurses, private consultants, specialists or other persons involved in your ongoing Care.
- Certain parts of Our Website/Platform use “cookies” to keep track of your visit and to help you navigate between sections. A cookie is a small data file that certain websites store on your computer’s hard-drive when you visit such websites. Cookies can contain information such as your user ID and the pages you have visited. The only personal information a cookie contains is information that you have personally supplied.
Information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure.
Our Service has numerous security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, such as passwords and firewalls. We cannot, however, guarantee that these measures are, or will remain, adequate. We do, however, take data security seriously and will use our reasonable endeavours to protect the integrity of your personal information.
If you register to use Our Service, in particular if you have an account with us, you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us immediately at the address provided at the end of this Policy. If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of Our Service, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account until your identity has been verified and the account has been satisfactorily secured.
Our Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Additionally personal information and content requested may be transmitted electronically to addresses provided by you (email for example) and this is done so at your own risk and you understand these risks.
8. Storing Your Personal Data - where do we store it?
Your personal data may be collected, processed and/or otherwise transferred to a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and in particular, the United States.
Data we collect from you is primarily stored on servers located in the EU/EEA, however in particular third party technologies and services we use may store data in the United States, which results in this transfer of information internationally outside of the EEA.
By providing your personal data to us, you consent to such transfer, collection and/or processing of your personal data. We will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and appropriately in accordance with this policy.
9. Your rights:
- Applicable Laws - We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will only use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 andwith effect from the date on which it enters into force, the General Data Protection Regulation, and the enacted version of the Data Protection Bill 2017, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 together with any other laws applicable to the protection of personal data in force from time to time in England and Wales and any related regulations and guidance (as from time to time amended, extended, re-enacted or consolidated) and all subordinate legislation, regulations and guidance made pursuant to any of them;
- Access - You are entitled by law to ask for a copy of your personal Information at any time by writing to us at the postal or email address set out in clause 1. We may charge you a fee for this which may not exceed £10. You are entitled to ask us to correct or update your personal information at any time by contacting us at the address above.
10. Third party websites
11. Our Contact information